BRIDGEPORT — Larise King had agreed, through her attorney, to surrender to police late Friday afternoon after she was told an arrest warrant charging her in connection with her husband’s July murder had been issued.

But after 5 p.m. Friday — the agreed-upon time for King to surrender — came and went, police turned to the public for help tracking her down.

Detective Jorge Cintron got an arrest warrant for King, 35, of Karen Court, earlier Friday charging her for her alleged role in the murder of her husband, Dathan Gray, according to Lt. Christopher LaMaine. Gray was fatally shot in the early morning hours of July 27 as he stood on the street in front of his Newfield Avenue home.

The shooting happened at 1:15 a.m. on a Saturday near the intersection of Newfield Avenue and Revere Street. Gray, 32, was shot multiple times and was rushed to Bridgeport Hospital where he was pronounced dead. That same day, detectives said they were still working to establish a motive for the killing.

The warrant charges King with conspiracy to commit murder and criminal liability for the acts of another. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to immediately call Bridgeport police at 203-576-8477.

Once police arrest King in connection with Gray’s murder, it’ll be the fifth slaying of 2019 to yield an arrest.

Gray’s death drew a large crowd after he was shot, Capt. Brian Fitzgerald said later that day. He said the crowd was dispersed by patrol officers.

His family and friends gathered on the sidewalk near the shooting throughout the day to leave balloons, candles and liquor bottles in his memory. Just down the street from that memorial, a Bridgeport patrol car was parked on Clifford Street, keeping an eye on the area.

An obituary for Gray, who was known by the nickname Dae Dae and a father of three, said he was an avid basketball player, loved video games and was very competitive.

“He had an amazing heart and (was) loved by many,” the obituary said. “We will love you forever Dae Dae.”

Gray’s death marked the city’s 12th homicide of 2019. Bridgeport has seen two more killings since then, pushing this year’s total to 14 — up from the 11 the city saw last year.

Jose Perez-Ortiz, 41, of Monroe, was fatally wounded in a shooting on Sept. 1. Police said surveillance footage of the incident appears to show Perez-Ortiz trying to stab a man, leading the man to draw a gun and fire, hitting Perez-Ortiz. Photos and video of the possible suspects were released by police a few days later.

Leo Giovanni Fernandez Spencer, 21, was shot and killed seven days later on Sept. 8. Police said Spencer was shot in the head and neck while sitting in a car on Gem Avenue near Whitney Avenue. The driver tried to drive Spencer to the hospital before crashing at the on-ramp to Interstate 95 from Route 25 south.