Darien's town leaf pickup continues this week
The Town of Darien Department of Public Works will pick up leaves according to the schedule below.
Pick-up: Monday, Nov. 13, 2017, north of railroad tracks; and, Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017, south of railroad tracks.
Pick-up: Monday, Nov. 27, 2017, north of railroad tracks; and, Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017, south of railroad tracks.
- Leaves will only be picked up if bagged and the bag must be clearly marked “100% Biodegradable” and made of paper. Loose leaves or leaves in plastic bags will not be collected. Please check your local hardware or big box store and supermarket for availability.
- Bags must contain only leaves. Bags containing brush, grass clippings, garbage, or other material will not be collected.
- Residents are not required to participate in the town leaf pickup. Residents are encouraged to compost leaves on their property.
- Dates listed are start dates. Bagged leaves should be at the curb by 7 a.m. on the first morning of the date listed.
- Once leaves have been collected, no return trips will be made until the next scheduled pick-up.
- Leaves will be collected on public roads only. Residents of private roads should make their own arrangements for leaf collection.
- Residents with proper permit may also dispose of leaves at the Town of Darien Transfer Station.
The above schedule is subject to minor variations due to the volume of leaves encountered, snow storms, or other unforeseen circumstance. No other information will be available regarding specific leaf pick-up times..