Toy car battery sparks fire at Oak Crest home
A toy car battery that was being charged apparently ignited a small fire at an Oak Crest Road home on Sept. 2, police said.
The Fire Department and police were dispatched just before 5 a.m. to the fire in the attached garage at the home, according to police.
Firefighters extinguished the fire that started in cabinets in the garage, police said.
One of the children living in the home had placed a remote-controlled car battery on a charger in the cabinet hours before the blaze ignited, police said.
There was damage to the counter, the sheetrock wall and cabinets in the garage, as well as smoke damage to the garage and some of the kitchen, police said.