3rd man charged in Bridgeport home-invasion murder
BRIDGEPORT — Fernando Santiago has been on the run ever since police said he and two companions broke into the home of a local barber in October and stabbed the victim to death in front of his family.
Santiago, 37, was arrested Wednesday by the U.S. Marshal Violent Crime Fugitive Task Force in Spartanburg, S.C. After waiving extradition, he was brought back on Monday to Bridgeport, where Superior Court Judge William Holden ordered Santiago held in lieu of $1.5 million.
Santiago, who is on probation for selling drugs, is charged with felony murder, home invasion, first-degree robbery and conspiracy. His address was uncertain.
“This was a brutal killing, but as a result of a great investigation we now have the three defendants in custody,” said Bridgeport Police Capt. Armando Perez.
Jayson Rosado, 28, the owner of All Star barbershop on East Main Street, was stabbed to death in his Goldenrod Avenue home on Oct. 18.
Police said Rosado was in his home with his girlfriend, their young child and a friend when three men broke in and began ransacking the house. When Rosado confronted the men, they began stabbing him, twisting the knife, police said. The men fled with an undetermined amount of cash and jewelry, police said.
It was the 14th of 19 homicides in Bridgeport last year.