Darien Police seized 50 firearms, three hand-grenades and other various explosives following a domestic violence complaint on Saturday, police said.

Peter Ozols, 45, of 66 West Norwalk Road, Norwalk, was charged with second-degree threatening and disorderly conduct at noon on Saturday, March 13.

Ozols' sister, a 42-year-old Darien resident, and their father went to police headquarters Wednesday, March 10, to report a threat Ozols made, police said. According to the report, Ozols arrived at his 70-year-old father's house, just off Old Kings Highway North, on Wednesday to deliver a letter that had mistakenly arrived at his residence. When he returned to his car, his father witnessed him pull out a silver pistol and put bullets in it, police said. Ozols then threatened to shoot two people, and made a reference to his sister and her husband, according to police.

Ozols' sister later visited her father at his home; the elder Ozols informed his daughter about the incident, but omitted the part about the gun until a subsequent conversation on Friday, police said.

The victim told police Saturday that she was "terrified," and felt her brother was "unstable" enough to make good on the threat.

Darien Police obtained an arrest warrant, as well as a firearms search and seizure warrant, and went to Ozols' residence at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, during the severe weather that struck Darien.

Once inside Ozols' residence, police found the silver handgun in question inside a night stand as well as several rifles, shotguns, revolvers and pistols -- a total of 50 firearms, police said.

In addition to the firearms, police found 25 large metal ammunition boxes, filled with various ammunition, "three realistic, apparently genuine hand grenades," four bricks of fireworks and "home-made type M80s," according to Capt. Fred Komm.

The Stamford police Department's bomb squad verified that at least two of the grenades were real, police said.

Ozols' permit for weapons was revoked and the weapons were seized by police, Komm said. Ozols posted a $10,000 bond and appeared in court on Monday, March 15.