Bridgeport man charged in Darien drive-by shooting
DARIEN — Police said they arrested a 34-year-old Bridgeport man in connection with a drive-by shooting that rattled the West Avenue neighborhood earlier this month.
Frantz Maignan, of Summerfield Street, was charged with seven counts unlawful discharge of a firearm Wednesday after he was arrested by Stratford police and turned over to authorities in Darien.
The charges stem from an incident on Aug. 1, when Darien police were called to West Avenue around 5 p.m. for “an incident in which numerous gun shots were fired from a moving motor vehicle, possibly at another vehicle,” police said.
Around the same time, Norwalk police reported a separate incident of shots fired.
Norwalk police were dispatched to Suncrest Road in the Colonial Village community around 4:45 p.m., where they found three vehicles hit by gunfire.
Police have not said if they believe the two incidents to be related.
Darien police said an investigation “quickly identified” Maignan as a suspect in the West Avenue shooting.
A Stamford judge on Tuesday approved an arrest warrant for Maignan for the Darien incident and he was taken into custody the following day, police said.
Maignan was also charged with criminal use of a firearm, criminal possession of a firearm and first-degree reckless endangerment. The prepared statement from police notes he has an “extensive criminal history.”
He was held on $150,000 bond and is due to appear in court Thursday.