• CAPT scores low, CMT at goal in Darien school test scores
• New town committee looks to improve recycling
• Experts weigh in on town’s recent multiple-BMW theft
• Kensett at Hoyt and Wakemore opens
• Pregnant woman in head-on crash
• Police advise caution with new stop signs
• SWRPA to meet with town’s P&Z Commission next week
• Darien GOP seeks candidate for Registrar of Voters
• Guidelines developed for restaurant food safety during outages
• Dump your unwanted prescription drugs safely on Saturday
• Editorial: Democracy at work during RTM meeting on plastic bags
• Letters: RTM didn’t make the ‘right choice’ on plastic bags, upport of Hagerty-Ross, Schneider-Zuro, Katie Stein for Board of Ed, support for Terrie Wood for state rep., Darien Road Race a success, RTC had a successful fundraiser; Is a bad system getting worse with the town’s emergency services?
• Cameron: Good news from Metro-North
• Natale: A beach clean-up and unexpected bananas
• Ask Philip: The fine art of training your mom
• Doris Moon Schreiner, photographer, artist, missionary to lepers in Thailand
• Frederic R. Lexow II, former Darienite, long-time volunteer with Noroton Fire Department
• Alex Alvarez, former Wee Burn Country Club employee
• Ida Bruno Rick, worked for H.R.T. television
• Josphine Mary Marinella Rogers, life-long Darien resident
• Gerald Angier Vernon, former television executive, long-time Darien resident
• Girls cross country beats Witlon for the first time in 24 years
• Mustangs busted, Wave improves to 2-0
• Early seasons ups and downs in girls’ soccer don’t pierce optimistic tone
• Big Rig Gig rolls into town
• Art show closing reception Friday at Darien Historical Society
• Darien Nature Center fall program sign-up underway
• DCA French lit workshops take on the plague
• One-act plays next month at the library
• Darien Nature Center offers parents’ night out
• Library screens French film “Romantics Anonymous”
• Darien Republican Town Committee hosts first debate event at The Goose next week
• School spirit week at Darien High School
• Teen Times columnist offers teenager viewpoint on losing power
Arts & Leisure
• The Takacs Quartet will open Wilton¹s Candlelight Concerts series on Sunday.
• The Reel Dad has news of new movies from the New York Film Festival, which opens with public screenings this weekend.
• Another opening: The Acoustic Celebration season starts in Ridgefield on Sunday with a visit from The Barn Birds.
• The New Canaan Nature Center¹s Harvest Fesitval offers brews and bites in two sessions on Saturday.
• Dogs will be walking on Main Street in Ridgefield on Sunday in support of ROAR (Ridgefield Operation for Animal Rescue)
• The Lewisboro Library Fair will be Saturday at Onatru Farm on Elmwood Road in South Salem, N.Y.
Keep up to date
• The Darien Times is on Facebook — ‘like’ us and get news updates there. Visit Facebook.com/DarienTimes
• More than 2,650 have signed up for Darien Times news bites and bulletins on Twitter. You can, too, by stopping by twitter.com/DarienTimes
• To get The Darien Times delivered, click here
• For newsstand locations, click here