• Storm wreaks havoc on town, power outages and floods
• Election season is coming – what are regs on political signs?
• Wildlife in Crisis releases hawk back to country club golf course
• Spanish curriculum starts up in elementary schools
• Bids opened on construction for Shuffle, usage discussed
• Gov. Malloy talks voter participation at League of Women’s Voters
• Two-house proposal receives neighbor backlash at EPC
• Police arrest final suspect in burglary spree
• Darien Road Race photos and results
• Editorial: Choose to vote on plastic bags
• Letters: Support of Hagerty-Ross, Schneider-Zuro, Katie Stein for Board of Ed, support for Terrie Wood for state rep., support for Obsitnik for congress, safe driving campaign should be directed to adults too
• Ryan: Who’s really to blame for these Nutmeg State Blues
• Tamme: Let’s all work together
• Robert Brian McKeon, loving husband and father, founder of Veritas Capital
• Phyllis Beckenbach Johnson, mother of darien resident, artist
• Robert McKenna, former Darien resident, St. John’s parishioner
• Kevin P. Sheehan, former Darien resident, worked in sales
• Lombardo, Baldwin, Vanderhorn star in game I blowout
• Top scorer Branca to roar with the Lions next fall
• Cards cornered, crushed
• Masonic Club offers Internet safety seminar
• Sails American Grill sponsoring art show reception Friday at Darien Historical Society
• Library meet the author series continues with Charles Mann
• Darien Democratic Town Committee recruits for town vacancies
• Darien Library celebrates Star Wars Read Day
• Helen Ainson hosts breast cancer fundraiser with celebrity stylist
• YWCA hosts mentoring program for girls
• Shakespeare on the Sound seeks local support for grant
• Big Rig Gig returns this month
• Middlesex magazine drive kicks off Thursday
• Teen Book Nook: DHS freshman reviews ‘Daughter of Venice’
Arts & Leisure
• The Ridgefield Guild of Artists is celebrating a new season with its 35th Juried Exhibition.
• The Chekhov International Theatre Festival will open Friday in Ridgefield.
• Flash Gordon and the Heroes of the Universe opens Saturday at the Stamford Museum & Nature Center.
• The Norwalk Boat Show is open at Norwalk Cove Marina through
• The Audubon Greenwich Hawk Watch Weekend Festival takes place Saturday and Sunday
• Arbitrage, with Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon, offers a good time at the movies, says the Reel Dad
• Suzanne Sheridan will perform a tribute concert featuring the music of Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen on Saturday, Sept. 22, in Westport.
• The Carolina Chocolate Drops string band will play at Fairfield University¹s
Quick Center on Saturday night.
Keep up to date
• The Darien Times is on Facebook — ‘like’ us and get news updates there. Visit Facebook.com/DarienTimes
• More than 2,650 have signed up for Darien Times news bites and bulletins on Twitter. You can, too, by stopping by twitter.com/DarienTimes
• To get The Darien Times delivered, click here
• For newsstand locations, click here