A panel presentation and discussion about Lyme disease and tick-borne illnesses will be held on Wednesday, May 11 from 7 to 9 at the Darien Library.
When people hear Lyme disease, they don’t realize there is a host of tick-borne illnesses encompassed in that one phrase. Why is this important? Because Lyme disease is a growing problem in lower Fairfield County, one that some would say is reaching epidemic proportions. A panel including Dr. Zijad Sabovic, a leading physician in the field, Mimi Markham, a patient initially diagnosed at the age of 14, and Ms. Jennifer Reid, a prevention educator with the BLAST program, will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss:
- How do you diagnose Lyme and other tick-borne illnesses?
- Where can you find information about treatment options?
- What are the most effective prevention techniques?
- Once diagnosed, what support is available for patients and their families?
- How can we best advocate for those seeking diagnosis?
Registration is recommended www.ywcadariennorwalk.org. Registration is encouraged so that attendees may notify you directly about any last-minute program changes or parking information.
Email [email protected] for questions.