Here’s a look at what’s in this week’s Darien Times — the only newspaper and news website based in Darien — on newsstands now and in your mailbox by this afternoon.
• African penguins are returning temporarily to the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk; the trip is a short one, from the Leo Zoological Conservation Center in Greenwich.
• The Drowsy Chaperone opens Friday in Wilton.
• James Grashow is the subject of a film, The Carboard Bernini, which will be screened Friday at the Ridgefield Playhouse.
• Another Oscar nominee, Django Unchained, is Quentin Tarantino’s latest, and a surprise, as usual, says the Reel Dad Mark Schumann. 3B
• Harpist Wendy Kerner of New Canaan and two vocalists will perform Songs of the Heart on Sunday at St. Mary Church in Greenwich.
• The Darien Times is on Facebook — ‘like’ us and get news updates there. Visit Facebook.com/DarienTimes.
• More than 2,650 have signed up for Darien Times news bites and bulletins on Twitter. You can, too, by stopping by twitter.com/DarienTimes.
• To get The Darien Times delivered, click here.
• For newsstand locations, click here.