First Selectman Jayme Stevenson issued the following update on storm recovery:
Here is the update for 5pm, January 31st. At this time, all work being done is by CL&P and their line and tree crews. DPW is available to assist in pushing debris off the road but all jobs involve wires. CL&P will be in town throughout the night but with limited resources.
- Rings End Road – 184 customers out, estimated recovery by 7 p.m.
- Birch Road – 123 customers out, estimated recovery by 9:30 p.m.
- Sedgewick – 133 customers out, estimated recovery by 9 p.m.
The following outages are not guaranteed for restoration for tonight, but CL&P will make best effort:
- Mansfield – 30 outages
- Brookside Road – 25 outages
- Old Farm Road – 16 outages
- Old Kings Highway – 14 outages
- Nearwater Lane – 10 outages
I am changing the status of the EOC to “monitoring” as of 5:30pm but will be in contact with CL&P throughout the night if needed.