Here’s a look at what’s in this week’s Darien Times — the only newspaper and news website based in Darien — on newsstands now and in your mailbox by this afternoon.
• Top 10 stories of 2012 — #5 Allen O’Neill redevelopment breaks ground
• Top 10 stories of 2012 — #4 A year in Darien crime
• Top 10 stories of 2012 — #3 Public schools enrollment shock
• Top 10 stories of 2012 — #2 A year in affordable housing
• Top 10 stories of 2012 — #1 Hurricane Sandy devastates Darien
• Darien school district announces sign-up dates for next year’s kindergarten classes
• Dog found in plastic bag, later euthanized
• Police blotter: wallet stolen, ticket scammer, domestic incident
• Editorial: Budget resolutions
• Fisher/Ryan: If New York City can reduce its crime, why can’t Connecticut’s cities?
• Staubi MVP in LaVista title win
• Darien Library hosts meditation workshop
• Basic coastal boating skills course starts in January
Arts & Leisure
• Ridgefielder Todd Forrest, who¹s vice president for horticulture and living collections at the New York Botanical Garden, has written the test for a new book of photographs celebrating the garden’s Magnificent Trees.
• New exhibits open Sunday at the Silvermine Galleries in New Canaan.
• The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk is offering Winter Creature Cruises this weekend.
• Griff Anthony will be at the Lyrics Coffeehouse in Redding on Friday night.
• The Reel Dad highlights some of 2012’s films.
• The 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo has style, but not enough power yet, says Steven Macoy.
Keep up to date
• The Darien Times is on Facebook — ‘like’ us and get news updates there. Visit Facebook.com/DarienTimes
• More than 2,650 have signed up for Darien Times news bites and bulletins on Twitter. You can, too, by stopping by twitter.com/DarienTimes
• To get The Darien Times delivered, click here
• For newsstand locations, click here
Read More | Comment | Share